Monday, January 14, 2013

How Do You Get Beyond Failure Psychology?

What if before you even started a new weight loss program, you knew you were going to fail? And maybe even set yourself up to fail? I do this all the time. Every time I start a new program, it's in the back of mind that I'm never going to make it. Why do I do this? I know I'm not the only one.

I'm struggling with this psychology—the wanting to fail or knowing that I'm going to fail. How do I break this cycle? Any why do I think, "I'm just going to fail anyway"? Does anyone have the answer to this kind of thinking? Have you found out why you think this way and how to get beyond it? I'd love to know.


2 comments:

ItsWoody82 said...

I have blogged about my recurring failure... before I've started diets, during diets, after diets... I have come to the realisation that I am just scared of what will happen when i get 'there'. 'There' being a weight I think I will be happy at, will change my life at, will make me a better person at. I'm scared of still being who I am now when I get to where I want to be.

kathyj333 said...

Great insight.